Thank you for your patience throughout our reopening and the rescheduling of shows. If you had tickets to a cancelled show from 2020 or earlier this year, you will be getting a new ticket emailed to you for the rescheduled show in 2021. Your new ticket will coincide with the day you purchased for the canceled show (For example, if you bought tickets for the Thursday @ 8pm performance of a cancelled show, you’ll be receiving tickets for the Thursday @ 8pm show of the new weekend).
We are currently reissuing tickets for the following shows for their new rescheduled dates. You’ll be emailed a new ticket within the next few weeks.
KevOnStage – June 10-12
Sam Morril – Sept 2-4
Jessica Kirson – 9/16-9/18
Tom Green – 9/30-10/2
Adam Ray – 10/21-10/23
Mark Normand – 11/5-11/6
Pete Correale - 12/2-12/4
The following shows are rescheduled for 2021, but new tickets are not being reissued just yet. We plan to start reissuing tickets within the next couple of months as rescheduled performance details are finalized, but please know your ticket is NOT lost and we will get you a new ticket for the new dates as soon as possible.
Stone Cold and the Jackal – 8/14
Jared Freid – 10/7-10/9
Chris Distefano – 11/18-11/20
Thanks again for your patience. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Here are our current patron policies and cleaning processes so we can keep everyone safe while at Laugh Boston:
- All tickets for a performance must be purchased in advance online. New Box Office hours are 1 hour prior to show time and 30 10 minutes past the end of the last performance of the evening. Please check our FAQ for general information. All other inquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be answered in 24 to 48 hrs. Mondays are dark unless there is a performance scheduled.
- All tickets are for 21+ patrons only. No exceptions & no refunds.
- Seating is still being determined at this time in order to adhere to current State guidelines so no seating maps or seating requests are available. ADA requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
- All seating will be at tables of 2 or 4 maximum. Large parties may purchase tickets but tables cannot be pushed together and large parties reservation requests will not be taken at this time. All seating will be fixed and cannot be moved by the patrons.
- Seating will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the show.
Food and Beverage
- All beverage service will be provided at the tables. You may order through a server or through our direct-to-table ordering through our partnership with Noble. QR codes will be provided at each table for completely touchless ordering. At this time, we are not serving food. We hope to have our food service back in action starting in May.
- Laugh Boston adheres to restaurant standards and guidelines for health code practices during the Massachusetts multi-phased reopening plan.
- Guests may remove masks once seated at tables and have placed beverage orders.
- If you leave your table for any reason you must put on your mask.
- All patrons are expected to wear masks when entering the venue and keep masks on over their nose and mouth until they are seated.
- Although not a requirement we ASK that patrons consider double masking to provide additional spread protection to our staff and other patrons when not seated.
- Tables, chairs, and all other surfaces will be sanitized before each performance.
- Laugh Boston adheres to CDC and OSHA COVID-19 Guidelines.
- All patrons are required to obey instructions made by the staff. Any patron refusing to adhere to the above policies or what we determine as reasonable instructions will be asked to leave and not provided a refund. For the enjoyment and safety of all other patrons and staff there will be a low tolerance for not adhering to policies and staff requests.
- Laugh Boston is and will continue to be a no heckling comedy club. Patrons are there to see the performers. Although you may be hilarious and think that you’re contributing to the show; don’t. If you feel you must say something we encourage you to visit our sister venue Improv Asylum where you’re encouraged to be part of the show. Visit ImprovAsylum.com for more information.
Located in the Westin Waterfront Hotel in Boston's Seaport District – Laugh Boston is a 300-seat, state-of-the-art venue that features both local comedians and nationally touring headliners. Boasting 5,000 square feet of configurable space, the establishment’s Skyline Room is available for event rentals and private functions of all kinds. Enjoy a show. Enjoy a cocktail. Come on out and laugh, Boston!
Are you looking for some comedy with your event? Laugh Boston has tons of options for you. We offer group rates on tickets for parties of 20 or more, with the option to rent out the bar and lounge before any of our existing shows. Or, rent out the space entirely for your party, with a private stand-up show with national or local headlining stand-up comedians, or a completely customized show from our sister club Improv Asylum.